Re: Metronome marks

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Metronome marks
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:55:06 +0100

Hi Risto,

On 12/04/2008, Risto Vääräniemi <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 12/04/2008, Alexander Kobel wrote:
>
>  >  I think there's another drawback of the snippet.
>  >  I had a very similar problem, trying to add marks like "Moderato (* =
>  >  63)", yet using rehearsal marks at the same time for sectioning the piece.
>  >  Problem is, Lily can't handle two RehearsalMark events on the same beat
>  >  (don't know whether there's a workaround), so I wanted to use
>  >  MetronomeMarks.
>

> Sounds familiar. :-) I got around the simultaneous RehearsalMark
>  limitation by using invisible measures. My dirty trick is attached
>  below. This time it worked but there might be situations, when it
>  doesn't.

I've taken the liberty of adding your snippet to the LSR as "Creating
simultaneous rehearsal marks". Like Alexander's snippet, it works
better under 2.11, so it's also waiting for an LSR version change.

I've removed the extra-spacing-width overrides, since they're the
default setting for RehearsalMark.

Regards,
Neil