New behaviour with --output= option ?!

From: Luc
Subject: New behaviour with --output= option ?!
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:34:41 +0000 (UTC)

new  behaviour with version 2.11.44 (windows xp)

IIRC, when invoking lilypond, the option --output=folder directed all output
files to the specific folder.

Now this has changed: If I run "lilypond --output=myOutput C:\" and
there is no folder called "myOutput" I get 2 files:

myOutput.pdf and in the folder where lilypond was running,

but if a folder exists with the name "myOutput" I get 2 files:

\myOutput\myFile.pdf and \myOutput\ in that folder

what's the logic or intention?