Re: *.midi vs. *.mid

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: *.midi vs. *.mid
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 12:34:58 +0200

2008/5/17 hhpmusic <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>   I'm using Windows Xp, and I can give a suggestion to those who use Xp.
>   In fact, Windows Media Player can open .midi file automatically. If you
> hope to change its extension manually, please open any folders and press
> Alt-T to bring up the tools menu. Then choose Folder options, ctrl-tab once,
> to the viewing option page. Then go to the advanced settings below, use
> arrow keys to navigate to every options you wish to change One of them is
> "hide extensions of know files" (I translate it from CHinese, I don't know
> the words in English version of Xp),. The default is "on", change it to
> "off" to display all extensions. ...

Very good point! I always say this to all my pupils the first day, not
exactly with regards to midi, but to .ly, .log, .ps and .pdf. Even for
viewing people, it is annoying that very different file types appear
as text icons, for example.

IMO this should be an officially recommended practice when you deal
with compilers (of which Lily is one) and you have several file types
of input and output.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org