Re: GDP: NR 1.3 Expressive, first draft

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.3 Expressive, first draft
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:42:58 -0700

Hi Mark,

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:47 AM, Mark Knoop <address@hidden> wrote:

> Looks very good, well done.

Thanks!

> 1.3.1, Dynamics, Vertically aligning dynamics across multiple notes
>
> This example doesn't seem to work - it just aligns the tops of the
> dynamic marks. There is an LSR example which uses #'Y-extent as well as
> #'staff-padding. http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=387

Okay, seems like a better example.  I will use it instead.

> 1.3.1, Dynamics, Hiding the extender line for text dynamics
>
> Perhaps the first sentence here "Text style dynamic changes (such as
> cresc. and dim.) are printed with a dashed line showing their extent."
> should be moved up the page to the point where \crescTextCresc etc are
> first introduced, and that example could be slightly tweaked so that the
> extender line is more apparent. (At the moment the default behaviour
> isn't really shown before it's altered.)

I will definitely move the sentence, but this example is revealing a
problem with the extender line itself.  The behavior of the extender
line has changed since 2.10 (IMO, for the worse), so I'll report this
as a bug.

> 1.3.1, New dynamic marks
>
> The first example on this page unfortunately cuts off the top of the
> 'f'.

This is a known issue:

Thanks for your input,

-Patrick