Re: Lilypond under Leopard

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: Lilypond under Leopard
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:17:18 +0100

Hi, Eric

The first thing that got me crazy was to install latex using macports, when I have my own installation (mactex) running well. But wasn't that the failing portion. It was during lilypond build.

But, thanks for your help.
I might ask for it, as I am really tempted to try again.

Thanks

Eric Knapp wrote:
I have successfully compiled lilypond 2.11.50 and 2.11.52 on my mac.
It is worth the effort since the resulting application is so much
faster. How did your efforts fail? MacPorts can be fussy and I had to
do some juggling of dependencies to get everything installed
correctly. And a few of the required ports were broken the day I tried
the install. When that happens you have to know the macports system
pretty well to get things running. Maybe I can help you? Let me know
if you want to try again with some assistance.

-Eric

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Alberto Simões