Re: polymeter

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: polymeter
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 09:28:20 +0000

Thank you, the missing braces were, evidently, the problem. I had been going through section but had had no success. Looking at it again, I see that the braces you told me about are *not* present on the middle staff of the example in the docs, though they are present on the third staff. Curious.

Trevor Daniels wrote:
To answer your specific problem, you need braces
round the music to which the \scaleDurations should
apply, else it applies only to the first c8:

\relative c' {
\time 5/8
\set Staff.timeSignatureFraction = #'(1 . 4)
\scaleDurations #'(5 . 2)  {c8 c c4}

However, if you have not already done so, you may find it helpful to read the section in the
Notation Reference which deals with polymetric
notation - section

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Bobroff" <address@hidden>