Re: Ending volta problem with ChoirStaff

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Ending volta problem with ChoirStaff
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:06:03 +0300

Hi Dmytro,

2008/8/11 Dmytro O. Redchuk:

>    Well, i run into a problem with ending volta -- see file attached,
>    ending volta continued after line break, but this continuation
>    disappears if i uncomment additional staves (see \score { ... }
>    section). So, there is no ending volta continuation after line break
>    if i have more than one staff... or, probably, problem is somewehere
>    in another place.
>
>    Sorry for, probably, too verbose example.
>
>    What's wrong? -- please, help.

You could remove the "Span_bar_engraver" from ChoirStaff context.
Somehow that messes things up. I guess it's there for a purpose,
though, so that's not an option.

An alternative is to remove the Volta_engraver from Score context (in
layout block) and add it to the topmost Staff. However, that puts the
Volta bracket under the dynamics. You could modify the vertical
ordering by using outside-staff-priority to put the volta back on top.

Thus, the topmost staff should be initialised like this:
\new Staff = "upperstaff" \with {\consists "Volta_engraver"
\override Staff.VoltaBracketSpanner #'outside-staff-priority = #500} <<

You can also put the "\override Staff...." inside soprano part if you like.

There may be other solutions but these came off the top of my head.

-Risto