Re: ver. 2.11.56 problems

From: Bryan Stanbridge
Subject: Re: ver. 2.11.56 problems
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:12:19 -0400

Valentin Villenave wrote:
> We provide a shell script, that is *perfectly* maintained for both our
> stable and development versions, and for a wide range of operating
> systems and architectures. It can either be run in root mode (files go
> to /usr/local/) or in user mode (files goes to your home directory,
> which I definitely do not like but which can be prefered for
> non-power-users). What could the next step be?
Greetings Valentin,

I haven't written any install scripts, but is it possible to have a check, much like some OS X programs, where it asks "Do you want this program available to all users, or just your user?" and then if they select all-users to install as root instead of just install locally? (That is switch to the sudo style of installation.)

Cheers,
Bryan...

--
Bryan Stanbridge