Re: lyrics

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: lyrics
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:59:39 -0700

Lara Diamand wrote:
> Hi Dominic,
>
> Thanks, this realy helps, one thing is not yet solves though: The text
> in the verses do not tek notice of the "volta", so the text in verse
> two runs through under volta 1. It should skip volta1 and go straight
> to volta 2.
That's the way Lily works.  It may not be completely intuitive.  The
lyrics just go along straight following the notes ignoring any other
structural commands like \volta and \alternative.  You have to put skips
in your music to skip endings, etc. where you don't want lyrics.  I
usually do this with "_" (underscore).

HTH,

Paul Scott