Re: convert from absolute to relative

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: convert from absolute to relative
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:46:26 -0500

My apologies, Yota. One of the things I said below wasn't correct. Your script *did* change my file from absolute to relative pitch correctly. I only realized later that I needed to add the "\relative do" indication for the changes to work properly. I still did have to fix a few other things before the new file would compile, though.

% same file after fixing the clef line and key indication, and removing
% the extra { that was inserted in the title causing errors
% This file compiles but the notes are in wrong octaves--
% The absolute-to-relative didn't work right
% Also you can see that it changes "composer" to "doomposer"
% and I had to use \include ""
% it changes ragged-right value to "##fa" instead of ##f
% I also had to fix the #(set-global-staff-size line

\version "2.10.25"
\include ""
\header {
 title = "1:1 Exercise 2"
 doomposer = "Jonathan Kulp"

\paper {
ragged-right = ##fa

\layout {
indent = 0.5\cm

\new PianoStaff <<
 \new Staff {
   \time 3/4
   \key fa \major
   #(set-global-staff-size 24)

% sigin inserting notes faor treble staff here

   fa'4 sol la
   mi fa re
   sib' la sol
   fa2 r4
   \bar "||"

 \new Staff {
   \clef bass
   \key fa \major

% sigin inserting notes faor siass staff here

Yota wrote:

Good evening everybody,

Being unable to find a nice tool to handle lilypond sources, I designed

I worked on this little script which (even if its buggy) should perform
some essential tasks:

- convert absolute music to relative music
- transpose the source (from bes to c for example)
- change the naming scheme

in the future I hope it will also

- shrink R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 stuffs into R1 * 11

the parser is very naive and need to be improved, but the code should be
flexible enough to let some room for improvements.

if you wanna play with it, download it from ,
expand it and use python. The main script is ; to be feeded
from the stdin.

ex : cat | python

feedback appreciated

... now goin' to bed