Re: Putting 'instrument' on the left side of the page

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: Putting 'instrument' on the left side of the page
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 01:04:43 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> writes
2008/8/24 Maarten Deen <address@hidden>:

Thanks, that's exactly what I need (and no, I had no idea to look there).
I expect it will be overwritten when I do an upgrade? Just to make a mental
note to edit it again when I do.

If you modify the titling-init source file, it will be overwritten. If
you include the modified \paper definition in _your_ ly score,  as
demonstrated in my former mail, it will remain unchanged (that's the
cool part ;-)

Thanks. I'll note all that too.

(As for asking nicely on the list, it does depend on luck ... I've mentioned it here before, asking "how do I do it?", and got nowhere...)

What I'd like to do is modify the standard files so you can just tell lilypond what sort of header you'd like - orchestral, band, whatever - without the fuss of people of "other traditions" having to have personal modifications.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden