Re: Converting lilypond to music xml

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Converting lilypond to music xml
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 06:22:00 -0500

Yes, you can import MIDI into Finale but as Dominic notes, it doesn't have enough information embedded to get good results. Even very simple pieces are so badly messed up that it would be easier simply to enter all the notes again than try to fix the MIDI import. At least this has been my experience trying to import MIDI into Finale.

Jonathan

Dominic Neumann wrote:
I´m not a MIDI expert, but why use the MIDI way if you could import MIDI
also directly into Finale? [This is probably possible.]
As MIDI does not contain any layout information it is not well suited for
producing MusicXML output. Additionally, I don´t know the current features
of MIDI files, but is it at all possible to add lyrics?

Dominic