Re: transparent background in lilypond generated png's

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: transparent background in lilypond generated png's
Date: 29 Aug 2008 12:08:32 +0200

Wilbert Berendsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Op maandag 25 augustus 2008, schreef Gilles Sadowski:
> >  $ convert test.png -transparent white test_tr.png
>
> This will convert 'white' to '100% transparent', but not the shades of grey
> created by the anti-aliasing algorithms in ghostscript.

I'd advise to generate postscript, and then convert the postscript to
png (with transparancy!) using

  gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pngalpha \
        -sOutputFile=score-page%1.png -r101 score.ps

(For the best compatibility, run lilypond with --verbose and copy the
'Converting to PNG' command, substituting pngalpha for png16m.)

Maybe LilyPond could add pngalpha as a generation target?

-- Johan
   Chord is alive! http://chordii.sourceforge.net