Re: Getting a list of all pitches used in a score

From: Gilles Sadowski
Subject: Re: Getting a list of all pitches used in a score
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:14:54 +0200

Hi.

> > In any case, here is the script inline (just copy/paste the text between
> > the "---CUT---" marks in another file):
>
> Please be aware that this script scans anything, including
> commented-out lines and controls. For example,
>
>   title = "This is a nice song"
>   \key d \major
>
> This will give you an additional a and d .

Right; thanks for pointing it out.
My intended usage was to roughly evaluate the amount of encoding work needed
to create a score.

> If accuracy is important, I'd advise to use the MIDI scanner I posted
> here. This will give 100% accurate results.

[For my intended usage then, this is not quite accurate since I guess that
notes in repeats will be picked up several times, whereas they were encoded
only once. ;-)]

Best,
Gilles