Re: Lilypond's debian control file out of date? was: Re: live cd-with li

From: Rob Canning
Subject: Re: Lilypond's debian control file out of date? was: Re: live cd-with lilypond
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:47:53 +0100

Rob Canning wrote:
> Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

>>> does this mean all this is needed is a modification to the
>>> debian controlfile?
>> Hopefully, yes. Lilypond does not have a run-time dependency on
>> any LaTeX-distribution any more. I didn't see anything in the
>> texlive-base package, which would be required for LilyPond, and a
>>  lilypond run after removing texlive also executed properly. Of
>> course, that's not a guarantee that I didn't miss anything. As I
>> said in my previous mail, compiling lilypond requires metafont,
>> which is packaged in texlive-base-bin, and compiling the
>> documentation requires texinfo, which uses pdfetex to create the
>> PDF-version of the manuals.
>>
>> Cheers, Reinhold
>>
>> PS: I'm also cc'ing the packagers of the ubuntu package for
>> lilypond in addition to the Debian packager. Please note the
>> current run-time dependencies of Lilypond:
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/topdocs/INSTALL We
>> switched away from using latex to create the output file a long
>> while ago, so I suppose the pre-depends dependency on latex can
>> be removed now.
>>
>> I also wonder if Metafont could/should be packaged separately
>> from texlive?

hi,

i just went to file a bug report against this on the debian site and
found that one had already been filed on:
 feb. 08 2007

would it be possible for  lilypond developers to look at  this bug
thread and  perhaps wake it up a bit? :)

this predepend error is a real blocker when it comes to including
lilypond on any live debian or ubuntu based cd

thanks

rob