Increasing the gap between beams

From: Elliot Isaacson
Subject: Increasing the gap between beams
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 05:16:10 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I am just discovering lilypond. It is amazing.

I am typesetting a score and I wanted to increase the thickness of the notation
to give it an "inkier" look.

\override Beam #'thickness = #.68
\override Stem #'thickness = #2
\override Stem #'length = #7.6
\override Stem #'details #'beamed-lengths = #'(3.8 4.2 4.6)
\set fontSize = #1

These tweaks look great until lilypond starts to draw 16th notes. The two beams
are thick enough so that they absorb the space between them and look like one
thick single beam.

My best guess was to change the Beam gap property, but his line has no effect in
2.10.29 or 2.11.57:

\override Beam #'gap = #any_number_here

How can I override the distance between beams?

Thanks.
Elliot