Re: fermata over rest, tempo positioning, solo/tutti

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: fermata over rest, tempo positioning, solo/tutti
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:50:02 +0100

James

Ralph has been beavering away adding index entries to the manuals, and this is now a really helpful resource, getting better day by day. In your case the index to the Notation Reference has an entry under "f" for "fermata on multi-measure rest". The referenced page says "R2.^\fermataMarkup". How easy is that! Thanks Ralph!

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "James E. Bailey" <address@hidden>

I would like to know if it's possible to get a fermata over a full- measure rest (i.e., R1\fermata). So far, my attempts haven't worked, and I end up having to use a whole rest shifted over.