Re: png cropping

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: png cropping
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:08:00 -0500

This looks really great but it failed when I tried to run it. I must have messed it up when copying it over to my editor. Would you mind attaching a working copy as a file instead of copying into the email?

Also, I think we crossed paths in our most recent posts about this. I sent a revised version that allowed for a choice between gif and png on transparent images and also fixed a problem I had introduced related to tiff format. I'll attach most recent script.

I really like the flexibility your modifications introduce, being able to bypass all the prompts. I like the prompts for myself because I have a hard time remembering flag arguments sometimes, but even I can probably remember these. Besides that I can use your modifications to learn some tricks about scripting--clearly you actually *know* how to script! I'm a total newb but am having fun learning. :)

Jon

Patrick Horgan wrote:
Here's a modified version of Jonathan's unix/linux script that supports arguments which are:

-t or --transparency : output format forced to png and you get transparency

-r=N or --resolution==N      : (example -r=72) set resolution

-f=FORMAT or --format=FORMAT : (example -f=jpeg) set output format

So, if the script is named lilytoimage, you could do:

lilytoimage -r=72 -t lilydir/myfile.ly

or

lilytoimage -r=111 -f=tiff lilydir/myfile.ly

If you don't specify any of those arguments then it works just like it did before, except it will also ask about transparency. I don't have a Mac to test on, so I didn't mess with the Mac version. Let me know if there's any bugs;)

Patrick

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com