chords above piano staff

From: Sebastian Menge
Subject: chords above piano staff
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:29:40 +0200

Hi all

I have a piece with a written out piano intro directly followed by a
leadsheet with lyrics. The lower staff is only needed for the intro.

Now the chords appear below both staffs in the intro, but stay there,
when the leadsheet/with lyrics starts. Then the chords are between
melody and lyrics instead of above as it is the case when i have only
one staff. How can I force it to put the chords always above the piano
staff?

The layout is as follows:

\new PianoStaff <<
    \chords { ... }          % 24 bars