Re: scheme music function going backwards in time (or "better mp dolce")

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: scheme music function going backwards in time (or "better mp dolce") [solved]
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 15:09:02 -0400

Graham,

I have an announcement to make: I'm an idiot.

Thanks! That saves us from having to say it…  ;-)

In my defense, nobody *else* pointed out that \tweak was
*invented* for customizing engraving of the next object in the
input stream, as opposed to \override.

I think everyone else — including me — has (idiotically) forgotten about the \tweak command during this thread!

The following lines fix the "how do I backwards in time" problem:
       'tweaks
         (list (cons (quote X-offset) -1))

I tip my hat to you, sir: an elegant solution!
Kieren.