Re: multi-voice spacing

From: Neil Thornock
Subject: Re: multi-voice spacing
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 09:45:56 -0600

Actually disregard this message.  I see the problem now with a grace note in another voice, so I've got more homework to do first :)

Neil

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Neil Thornock <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi group,
I'm stumped.  I'm using code similar to the following:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%

music = {r2 r4 << { f'8 } \\ { f'32 g' a' b' } >> r8 c''1 c''1}
%music = {r2 r4 f'32 g' a' b' r8 c''1 c''1}
\score {
    \new Staff {\music}
    \layout {
        ragged-right = ##f

When the commented-out line is run instead of the other "music" line, I get the spacing I want.  When I run the "music" line with multiple voices, I get too much space after the 32nds and before the next eighth rest, and I can't figure out how to fix it.  It seems to be a problem with the spacing of the polyphony.

If ragged-right is set to ##t, it's fine - but I don't use that in my scores.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Neil

--