Re: elegant compound time signatures

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: elegant compound time signatures
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 03:53:52 -0700

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:36:20PM +0200, Hans Aberg wrote:
> On 20 Oct 2008, at 11:21, Graham Percival wrote:
>
>> Hans: at the risk of sounding grumpy, did you try compiling my
>> example?  I believe it does everything you want.
>
> Yes, I think it was clear from my reply. I mentioned that although
> writing in each measure
>   \unset subdivideBeams
>   \unset beatLength
> does the job, it is a bit cumbersome.

Ah, that's what you meant by "It is though too complicated to wrte
stuff i each measure" [sic].  Sorry.

> The second problem is that LilyPond beamings varies quite a bit from
> version to version, so sprinkling, so this solution may not be stable.

This shouldn't be a problem if you set up the overrides correctly,
and as long as there aren't any regression bugs.

> There is a need of a more general beaming pattern selection scheme.

To be picky, this is a problem about subdivided beams, not the
main beams.

Anyway, it's true that something this complicated would require
some scheme programming.

Cheers,
- Graham