\partial and \RemoveEmptyStaffContext

From: Andrew Hawryluk
Subject: \partial and \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:09:40 -0600

I'm not sure what I should be doing in this case. I'm using
\RemoveEmptyStaffContext and \override VerticalAxisGroup
#'remove-first = ##t to hide all the empty staves from my score, but
this only removes staves from a system if they contain nothing but
spacer rests (s) and multimeasure rests (R). The piece begins with an
upbeat (\partial 4) and I will be producing both full score and
individual parts.

Now the dilemma: the piano and a vocal soloist have no music at the
beginning, so their staves should not appear in the first system of
the full score, but to accomplish this I must fill their partial
measure with s4 or R4. In the individual parts, these options produce
either an empty partial measure (no rest symbol), or a whole rest and
a barcheck warning, respectively. What I want to appear at the
beginning of the individual parts is r4 | R(n).

Any suggestions? Bug exists with LilyPond or user?

Andrew