Re: documentation request (or feature request) w.r.t. polyphony

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: documentation request (or feature request) w.r.t. polyphony
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:38:02 +0100

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Better yet, why can't the shorthand automatically "do the right thing"? i.e.,

should be translated automagically into

  << {} \new Voice {} >>

That way, the *only* time anyone has to do any tweaking is when they *want* two brand new voices — which is (AFAIK) the rarest situation of all
There's also the situation where you want the main voice to be the second/third/... voice in the multi-voice section.

Also, to be precise, it should be translated into
<< {\voiceOne ... } \new Voice {\voiceTwo ...} >> \oneVoice

Anyway, I agree that this would be a better solution for most cases and I don't think it would cause any particular compatibility problems. Either you have not been hit by the problem previously (or haven't noticed it) and then nothing will change for the worse, or you have already abandoned
the construct.

  /Mats