Re: Hairpin length at repeat bar lines

From: Thies Albrecht
Subject: Re: Hairpin length at repeat bar lines
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:04:08 +0100

Hi Kieren, hi list,

> > the crescendo hairpin at repeat bar lines is a bit too long. Any
> > workaround?
>
> \once \override Hairpin #'bound-padding = #2.5
@Kieren: Yes, it helps... and no, it doesn't help...

Using the proposed override the hairpin is shortened, but only in case there is
no line break occuring at the repeat bar line. Unfortunately in the piece I'm
currently transcribing there is such a situation. It only becomes visible in
the staff groups in the full score, not in the single parts, so it's okay, I
can live with it.

@Mats: I guess you're talking about setting to-hairline to true. This doesn't
help neither and IIRC from the internal reference it should be set to true by
default. But as I already said: I can live with it.

Thanks for your help,
Thies