Re: how to install LilyPond Mode plugin in jEdit?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: how to install LilyPond Mode plugin in jEdit?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 01:23:53 +0100

2008/10/31 Father Gordon Gilbert <address@hidden>:

> I'm trying to help a friend of mine get started with LilyPond, and the
> easiest way I've found to do my .ly editing is via jEdit.  So I had her
> install that, as well as LilyPond.  But I can't seem to find out how to
> install the LilyPond Mode plugin.  Can anyone help here?

If you've installed the latest jEdit version (assuming that Java is
already installed on the computer, otherwise jEdit won't even run):

- open jEdit

- Plugins menu > Plugin Manager

- "install" tab : wait until the list is displayed, then select
"LilyPondTool" and click on "install"

Once LilyPondTool is installed:

- Plugins menu > Plugin Options

- In LilyPondTool > General, check if the path to the LilyPond program
is correct (and optionally add a correct path to a PDF reader).

- In Sidekick > General, check "Parse on keystroke"

Now open any .ly file or save a new file with the .ly extension, the
LilyPondToolBar should appear.

Cheers,
Valentin