Re: Repeat volta: how many times to repeat?

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: Repeat volta: how many times to repeat?
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 14:15:12 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> writes
Helge

No, you're not alone: I can't see it either.  But it is there.  I can see
it (on Vista Windows Mail) by opening Properties, selecting Details, then
Message Source.

I don't know why this happens.  Daniel's using Mutt 1.5.18 on GNU/Linux.
It seems this is incompatible with Vista Windows Mail for some reason.

The usual cause of this is a broken mailer using "alternative". I sometimes suffer from that, but haven't seen an empty message ...

To be technical, "alternative" is *supposed* to mean "here are two sections, identical in content but different in mime-type" - typically text and html. Usually I'll get an html mail with an *empty* text "alternative". I'm guessing that message may be text with an empty html alternative, seeing as I seemed to read it okay ...

Trevor

Cheers,
Wol
--