Re: five sixteenth note

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: five sixteenth note
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 23:47:24 +0100

Dear Mark,
I use the "Wanderer"(I call this rhythm because it is the basic motive in the Wanderer-Fantasie by Schubert ) and "Sarabande" rhythms like this:

\include "rhythmen.ly"
\relative {
  \wanderer { c d e f e d }
  \time 3/4 \sarabande { e d c g' f e  } }
But, this is not my idea! You can find the rhythm- template at:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=390

2008/11/3 Mark Polesky <address@hidden>
Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> what's wrong with c16*5 or c4*5/4

Mats,
Check out the png. He's doing something totally different.

Stefan,

that's neat!
But you need to change the last line of the main file to this:

\relative { \time 5/16 \vs c \vs d \vs e \vs f \vs <c e g> }

it's always helpful to attach a png demo to eliminate confusion.

Also, I think this would be a valuable addition to the LSR, but
can the rhythm.ly file be trimmed down a little? Maybe translate
the German into English?

By the way, can you explain how your functions "sarabande" and
"wanderer" work? I recognize the rhythms, but how do you use them?
Looks intriguing.

Mark