Re: installation on ToutouLinux 03.01.4

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: installation on ToutouLinux 03.01.4
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:10:15 +0100

Charlie Ledocq wrote:
I did there:

lilypond Welcome_to_lilypond.ly
and got the following return:

# lilypond Welcome_to_LilyPond.ly
lilypond: Symbol `scm_i_freelist' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
GNU LilyPond 2.10.33
Segmentation fault
# pwd
/usr/share/lilypond/2.10.33/ly
# What does it mean?
This is the kind of problem that normally are avoided by using the installation package available
at http://lilypond.org/web/install/
From your first email, I would actually guess that the file somehow got corrupted or that just part of the file was downloaded, when you tried to download it. Could you please try it again (I hope
your web browser saved the package directly as a file). The md5 sum of
http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/linux-x86/lilypond-2.10.33-1.linux-x86.sh
is
8633802d5539e6aedf8f7f924ada4057
(check it by running the command "md5sum lilypond-2.10.33-1.linux-x86.sh")

I hope you have some good tool to remove your current installation of LilyPond, otherwise
you have to be very careful to run the correct version of the program.

   /Mats