Re: Absolute newbie: how do I ... ?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Absolute newbie: how do I ... ?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 17:23:07 +0100

It's easy to mix text instructions with staves, see http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Multiple-scores-in-a-book#Multiple-scores-in-a-book
For the other questions, I guess you have already received an answer.

  /Mats

guysnape wrote:
I've just got Lilypond working, I want to use it to print some music reading
practice sheets for my son who is learning piano. Is it possible to produce
a page containing the following?

A text instruction (e.g. "Write the note name underneath each note")

A staff with notes on it with an underscore character or two exactly under
each note (I guess treating them as lyrics), leaving sufficient space for
the letter name to be written.

Another text instruction ("Put the correct note above each letter")

A blank staff with letter names evenly spaced underneath (or between the
treble and bass staves).

Any guidance gratefully received.

Thanks,

- guy