Re: lyrics in a PianoStaff

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: lyrics in a PianoStaff
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:21:33 -0000

Mats Bengtsson wrote Friday, November 21, 2008 8:15 AM

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

On 11/20/08 2:24 PM, "Martin Tarenskeen" <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 08:14:01AM -0600, Jonathan Kulp wrote:

Templates make Lilypond life a lot easier. Is there a place where I can
find the templates from the manual as separate files ? Copying and
pasting from the text in my webbrowser to my editor or typing it by hand
is not the most comfortable way to work with. Just loading a file named
piano-centered-lyrics.ly in my editor would be much easier.

You will find the lilypond files in input/lsr, a directory that is located
in the lilypond directory.

Carl forgot to tell that you have to download the source code of LilyPond, to find
these directories.

Downloading the source code is not necessary.  There are at
least two easier ways (although neither is trivial):

1) Go to the LSR at http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/
  Enter "template" in the search box and click Search
  Find the one you want and click on the image.
  This brings up the source code, which can be
   saved by using Save as in your browser.

2) Go to the Savannah source code site at
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git
  Click on "tree", then select input, then lsr
  Find the template you want, eg
   piano-template-with-centered-lyrics.ly
  and click on raw to download it.

   /Mats