Re: Quick-insert mode for vim -- work in progress

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: Quick-insert mode for vim -- work in progress
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:34:57 +0100 (CET)

Also there is a quick insert mode work in progress for jEdit /
LilyPondTool. However, I could not make enough progress yet, but the
foundations are there, so in the after-the-next release it will be
available.

However, my quick insert mode will be really a virtual piano made from the
keyboard. I found that approach much better. It will sport automatic
accidental handling. For example if you want to write

c es c bes, b c

in quick lily you type:
d g e d l , e d

In LilyPondTool you'll be able to type:

c g c s x c (try it!)

Much more natural. However, it makes it complicated, because the software
must know the key. So for example is c minor it will be rendered as
c es c bes, b c
but in h major, it will be rendered as
c dis c ais, b c

But will make it the fastest possible way to enter notes on a computer
keyboard.

Bert