Re: dissonant chords

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: dissonant chords
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:23:56 +0100

See http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=505 for a solution.

  /Mats

Quoting Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden>:

Hi,

Did anyone ever try to typeset dissonant chords like { < c cis d > } ? I
can remember having seen chords like this frequently in Bela Bartok's
Mikrokosmos book V or VI , edition Boosey & Hawkes.

I don't have a scan or a scanner, but it would approximately look
something like this:

                 0
                0|#0
                 |/

Watch the "/" line that is attached to the main stem. I don't know if
there are generally accepted rules on how to notate something like this,
but this is what I have seen more than once.

Lilypond seems to accept < c cis d > ( unlike Mup ) but does not typeset
it in a readable way automatically. Can it be done with some advanced
tricks ?

(In the meantime I'll look up some real life examples from Bartok if
anyone needs it)

--

Martin Tarenskeen