Re: Multiple right-aligned lines in composer field

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Multiple right-aligned lines in composer field
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:16:22 +0100

In version 2.10, it should work to do something like
\markup\column{
 \right-align { First line }
 \right-align { Second line }
}

   /Mats

Quoting Marius Andersen <address@hidden>:

I am using LilyPond 2.10.33 to arrange a few Radiohead tunes, so in
the composer field I want to write the following long text which
spans two lines:

   Words and Music by Thomas Yorke, Jonathan Greenwood,
      Edward O'Brien, Philip Selway and Colin Greenwood

The composer field is right-aligned, and so I want both of these two
lines to be right-aligned, too. However, if using \column, the second
line gets left-aligned with reference to the first:

   composer = \markup \column {
     "Words and Music by Thomas Yorke, Jonathan Greenwood,"
     "Edward O'Brien, Philip Selway and Colin Greenwood" }
   }

yielding

   Words and Music by Thomas Yorke, Jonathan Greenwood,
   Edward O'Brien, Philip Selway and Colin Greenwood

And using center-aligned doesn't cut it, either:

   composer = \markup \center-align {
     "Words and Music by Thomas Yorke, Jonathan Greenwood,"
     "Edward O'Brien, Philip Selway and Colin Greenwood" }
   }

yielding

   Words and Music by Thomas Yorke, Jonathan Greenwood,
    Edward O'Brien, Philip Selway and Colin Greenwood

I notice in the Notation Reference for LilyPond 2.11 that a new
command, \right-column, is available, which would probably accomplish
what I want. However, I'm stuck with 2.10. How do I get the alignment
I want?