Re: Just chords and lyrics.

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Just chords and lyrics.
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 02:42:54 -0800

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 10:04:50AM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote Friday, November 28, 2008 7:49 AM
>
>> Let me put it this way: should \hideNotes *only* hide the noteheads
>> and steams, or should \hideNotes hide everything?  My first
>
> By using a second voice with \hideNotes it is possible to have
> overlapping printed slurs (slurs can't be attached to spacer rests).
> Not sure if this is a good-enough reason though.

That's an *excellent* reason -- the original reason for \hideNotes
was to fake slurs between voices (for Bach string parts).

ok, let's make a \hideNotation or \hideAll or something like that
for printing lyrics + chords.

Cheers,
- Graham

PS err, on second reason, this isn't quite the same as
"overlapping printed slurs"... but it reminded me of /my/ reason.
:)