Re: pianist's needs

From: james
Subject: Re: pianist's needs
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 22:46:46 +0100

Am 28.11.2008 um 20:28 schrieb Tim MacEachern:

I like the thrust of your notation software. As a pianist, I'd like to make a comment on what I would like to see. Although the traditional method of marking accidentals works, it can be time-consuming to figure out whether a note is to be played as an accidental and this is often time a pianist does not have. I'd like to have my music all colour coded: naturals should be in black, sharps in some other colour, perhaps red, and flats in maybe green (double sharps and flats are rare and could be done in black or a different colour). Then I would not have to figure things out. This colour coding could be added to normal
notation without changing the traditional aspects.

As an alternative to colour coding, it might be possible for the note heads to be different shapes for accidentals. These differences might be too small to
notice at pace though.

in contrast with other notation programs I've used, that's quite simple with lilypond.