Re: problems with learning lilypond

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: problems with learning lilypond
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 01:02:35 +0100

2008/11/29 John Sellers <address@hidden>:
If you want your documentation to
> really be useful, then put in enough qualification that all other
> possibilities are eliminated.  This is the exact nature of putting something
> like "Choose this link to find the best documentation for getting a handle
> on Lilypond"...

Something I can extract from this all is, yes, if we have a very
important thing to say to everybody, eg "so-called unstable docs are
way better than old stable docs", then maybe we should put it in the
web page in a prominent place. I mean, not waiting for people to
subscribe to -user and convince them from there that "stable" does not
mean "perfect" and that unstable version is not as bad as its name
suggests. Rather the opposite, at least right now, do you agree?

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org