Re: jpedal slowness

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: jpedal slowness
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 16:38:16 +0100

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 08:40:28AM -0600, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

>> I'm using a little home-brewed script that does the following things
>> automatically:

>> I did take a short look at kdelily (or was it lilykde ?) and
>> jedit/lilypondtool. I was impressed at first sight, but in the end I
>> liked my own fast and lightweight approach better.
>>
>> If anyone is interested I can make it publically available. But I have
>> to polish it a little bit first to make it more configurable to
>> different needs (screensizes, file locations, etc.)

> I'd love to try this out.  Would I be able to use it with a different
> editor?  I know some very basic Vim but am not that comfortable with it.

That's one of the things that should be configurable before I publish
the script. The nice thing about an editor like vim running in an xterm
window is that I can give command line options to xterm to determine the
dimensions and position of the window. Same thing with gv. I don't know
how I can do that with (for example) gedit and evince. ( But there are a
lot of things I don't know :-) )

Anyway, keep reading this list. I'll be back soon.

--

Martin