Re: consecutive TextSpanners

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: consecutive TextSpanners
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 23:30:27 +0000

Hi Neil,

2008/12/1 Neil Thornock <address@hidden>:
> Hello all,
> I'm suspicious this behavior of text spanners has changed.  I want to have
> two textspanners, with the first one ending exactly before the second one
> begins.

You're quite right to be suspicious; this is a regression, since it
worked fine in 2.10.  There's a bug report here,
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=670&q=trill, which
demonstrates the problem (though it mentions trills, it actually
applies to all line spanners)

> In the first snippet, the text spanner ends right where I want it to.  In
> the second snippet, the same text spanner ends on the previous note, as if
> making space for the next text spanner.  I can't find the property that
> controls this behavior.  How can I get the first one to stop on the same
> note head the second one start on?

Until this is fixed, you can use the bound-detail 'attach-dir to
extend the right bound of the first text spanner.

Regards,
Neil