Re: Segmentation fault on file with bookparts

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault on file with bookparts
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:43:38 -0800

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, score one for Windows, I guess.  I ran the file successfully on
> Windows Vista just now.  Maybe I should try it with a newer Linux kernel
> since Patrick compiled it successfully with kernel  I'll look into
> it.

Ah, this is very interesting.  I just download the x86 GUB build for
2.11.65-1, and I get a segfault.  I have never tried using GDB with a
GUB build before, but since the debugging symbols are stripped, I
can't send a (useful) backtrace.

Could this be another issue with one of the dependencies, like we saw
earlier with FontConfig on Windows?  Maybe GCC versions earlier than
4.3 are to blame?