Re: suppressing bar numbers at rehearsal marks?

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: suppressing bar numbers at rehearsal marks?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:35:12 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Mark Polesky wrote:

The reason for printing the bar numbers makes sense if the
rehearsal numbers come every 30 bars or so -- long stretches
of music would be without bar numbers, which is unacceptable.
Certainly, but I still don't see the point of using boxed/circled bar numbers mixed with ordinary bar numbers. As a musician, I would just find it confusing. If you want rehearsal marks every 30 bars or so, I would expect to see alphabetic
rehearsal marks.
In my case I am modifying parts which are already written as well as the score in the manner you object to. I have been too busy getting these parts out to ask the same question.
If you have a good reason to do what you ask for, why not simply define a macro which both draws a rehearsal mark and does a \once \override BarNumber #'transparent = ##t
I just gave that a quick test and it didn't seem to eliminate the bar numbers.

More later,

Paul Scott