Re: beam settings

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: beam settings
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 04:49:10 -0800

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 12:54:50PM +0100, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

> Am Montag, 22. Dezember 2008 09:04:12 schrieb Graham Percival:
> > You were close.
> > {
> >   \repeat volta 2 {
> >      \time 6/8
> >      \set Score.beatGrouping = #'(3 3 3 3 3 3)
>
> That's close, too, but not correct ;-)

I must be getting old.  What's the difference between my example
in 2.11.65 and the picture?  Octave, key signature, and tempo
marking, but I could have sworn that the beaming was the same.

> Actually, no. What is needed is a correct value for the
> beatGrouping ;-) You don't want 3 eighth notes to be beamed
> together, do you? You want the beams to be broken after EACH
> eighth note. So the correct value is to set beat Grouping to
> #'(1 1 1 1 1 1 ), which tells lilypond to beam together all
> subdivisions of an eighth note, but don't beam across eighth
> note boundaries.

I must admit that this makes sense.  Am I seeing a bug in .65 that
was fixed in .66?  Because the #'(3 3 3 3 3 3) certainly seems to
work here...

Cheers,
- Graham