rearrange music flow

From: Antanas Budriūnas
Subject: rearrange music flow
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 19:41:03 +0200

Hello Lily-users,

after few arrangements and engraving from my own manuscripts I'm
trying to move my composing work to Lilypond (without paper sheets). I
guess this is rare but IMHO worth to try.
Till now I puzzle over a problem each time when I need several
measures from one place in the score (all parts together, maybe with
lyrics) repeat somewhere in the middle of the piece or rearrange music
flow in general.
Some advance can be a naming (variables) relatively small chunks of
music, each bar or so. But this way source reading becomes
complicated.
I can imagine some intermediate element between Staff (StaffGroup) and
Score in the Lilypond hierarchy, which includes sevaral staves but
neither starts new line nor puts clef, key and time signature.
Maybe I'm missing something and a way does exist in Lilypond to
achieve such flexibility? (Sorry I'm not so brave to dive into Scheme
coding).

Season greatings!

Antanas Budriūnas