[Fwd: Re: problem with hidden notes]

From: John Mandereau
Subject: [Fwd: Re: problem with hidden notes]
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 23:02:29 +0100

[private reply forwarded to list]
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: problem with hidden notes Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:30:05 +0100
At 10:10 p.m. 30/12/2008, you wrote:

Le mardi 30 décembre 2008 à 19:44 +0100, kristof a écrit :
> as a suggestion for improvement of the manual: i must say that
> 'Educational use' is not the first place where i would go looking for
> something like this..

There must be a better name for this section, or subsections it contain
could be moved elsewhere...  it has already been discussed many times
but no good solution has been found yet, so we welcome your concrete
suggestions.

personally i'd rather expect it under 'Contemporary Notation'..
or maybe a 'Special tricks' section under 'Advanced Notation'. guess people may want to hide notes for quite different reasons..

> is there somewhere a list of all predefined commands?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Overview-of-available-music-functions

thanks!
apparently some functions are lacking here. i can't find hideNotes and unhideNotes for example..

cheers,

Kristof

--- End Message ---