Re: LilyPondTool-2.12-r1 for download

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: LilyPondTool-2.12-r1 for download
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 00:23:29 +0100

Some more about the memory consumption:
- in the lower right corner of jEdit you can see the actual memory consumption of jEdit, like 22/84MB. That means 84MB is reserved for Java, but only 22MB is used currently. Reporting that would be useful. Also try to double-click on that, thus forcing a garbage collection. The maximum usage of memory should remain below 128MB, even if you open the Regression tests or some big doc file from the help. If the garbage collection doesn't reduce the used memory, then there is a memory leak, which I have to fix.
- "Closing jEdit does not recover any memory." That's perhaps because you installed the jEdit server, which runs in the background, so the jedit.bat file (for running jedit) contains the -background or -server option.

Bert