RE: Writing above a bar

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: Writing above a bar
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 11:39:44 +1100

This is what I do at the start of a piece to move a string tuning indication
down and left to underneath the clef symbol:

        \once \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'( -7.5 . 2.5 )
        a8_\markup {\circle {6}=D} e'4 e e8

You could do the same in reverse. eg:

        \once \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'( 7.5 . 0 )
        a8 e'4 e e8^\markup {End} |

And play around with the offset values to get the correct position.

Nick