Re: Fragment with broken/torn/shredded staff lines

From: Antanas Budriūnas
Subject: Re: Fragment with broken/torn/shredded staff lines
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 18:35:22 +0200

2008/12/30 MonAmiPierrot <address@hidden>

Hello all,
I need to produce a lot of small excerpts for a musicological thesis, and
I'm wondering if there's a way to draw a "torn", "broken" end (and/or
beginning) of a staff, as if the paper had been shredded leaving each of its
5 lines an irregular length, (or even just not a vertical aligned end!), so
the example fragment looks like "rough cut" from a page.
I guess someone already thought about it.

Seems not.
This is purely graphical thing not related to music notation. General idea: You should superposition white objects on both staff's ends. I don't know maybe it's possible in Lilypond using PostScript?

HTH

Antanas Budriūnas