Re: collision between glissando and sharp

From: chip
Subject: Re: collision between glissando and sharp
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 13:06:50 -0700

Robin Bannister wrote:
Trevor Daniels wrote:
This is a known bug - see issue 40.

The workaround given there is:

 \once \override Glissando #'gap = #0.5
 \once \override Glissando #'extra-offset = #'(-0.5 . 0)

Hope that's good enough for you, as the bug priority is low!

I was going to try and answer this one, having had to do this several times myself (using 2.10.33). But I got badly bogged down while checking my suggestion. This is because I have now moved to 2.12.1.

It seems to me that gap overrides are now ineffective. (And convert says nothing about this.)

With 2.12.1 a different override is effective: \override Glissando #'(bound-details right padding) = #2.5
This is a lot easier to apply!

C And re issue 40 (gathering dust):
Why did Graham's workaround specifiy a gap of 0.5? This was 2.7.5's default too.
Cheers,
Robin

Thanks Robin, that works, it appears to just shorten the glissando thereby giving more room to the right, it overrides my Glissando minimum length setting. But it works, even though now it's just a bit shorter than I would like. Ideally, IMO, the sharp sign and the note it is for should be moved slightly to the right, maintaining the set minimum length defined in my global overrides. Maybe that is something the programmers can fix.
Thanks,
Chip