Numbered Musical Notation

From: Yogi
Subject: Numbered Musical Notation
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 04:19:44 +0000 (UTC)

I am currently researching to build a library of LilyPond files for
praise/worship songs. While musical notation is great for musicians, the same
can't be said for the local non-musical churchgoers here, who are somewhat more
accustomed to reading numbered musical notation.

Here's the article, if you don't know what I'm talking about
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbered_musical_notation

So I'm wondering if LilyPond can support such notation and render it alongside a
musical notation, or on its own, without major changes in the input files. I've
done a little Googling and found no such program yet, but if anyone can point me
to the right direction, please do so :)

That's the end of my 2 cents. Thanks for reading.