Copyright symbol

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Copyright symbol
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 22:49:00 -0500

There appears to be no way of inserting a copyright © symbol in
lilypond 1.12.1. U+xxx, ©, © and © don't work. I notice that
the manual's copyright may not be valid because the symbol is omitted.
(c) is ugly, amateurish and not valid.

In previous versions, © worked. How can I get the symbol? Do I have to
downgrade? That would be a shame. The documentation improvements are
sensational.

You have much demonstration of "copyright = " in the docs, but never
a symbol in a lilypond document, and the notice /is not valid/ without
the symbol, so there is no usable example whatever.

This is what appears to be the relevant message:

\header {
  title = "Stock Arrangement"
  copyright = "©2009 An Author"
}

programming error: FT_Get_Glyph_Name () error: invalid argument
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Glyph has no name, but font supports glyph naming.
Skipping glyph U+FFFFFFFF,
file
/home/dra/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf/CenturySchL-Roma.otf
continuing, cross fingers

I used to get the message without the "skipping" part, and I got the
glyph. No more.

Regards, daveA

--
Free download of technical exercises worth a lifetime of practice:
http://www.openguitar.com/dynamic.html :::: You can play the cards